- No. Armor All® Car Wash has been thoroughly tested and has been found to be safe for all automotive finishes, including clear coats. This product will add a great shine without stripping the wax on your car.
- Armor All® Car Wash is safe on all types of automotive paints and clear coats. Just rinse your car, mix concentrate with water, wash and dry for a great spot-free, streak-free shine.
- Armor All® Car Wash does not contain any of these ingredients.
- We recommend using Armor All® Car Wash by pouring the wash concentrate into a bucket and mixing with water (using 1 oz. per gallon). After diluting the product, we suggest using a sponge, terry cloth or mitt to wash your car. If you would like to use a pressure or power washer, we suggest that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions, as we cannot provide guidelines for using these tools.
- Armor All® Car Wash is ideal for vinyl. For tough stains on convertible tops, try Armor All® Multi-Purpose Auto Cleaner or Armor All® Cleaning Wipes for a quick and easy way to clean your car’s fabric surfaces. You can also use Armor All® Original Protectant to clean, protect and shine your vinyl top.
- For best results, we do not recommend using Armor All® Car Wash in direct sun or if the surface of the vehicle is hot. This product is ideally used on a cool car, preferably in the shade.
- Armor All® Car Wash is most known for its ability to quickly and easily clean your car. This product contains a detergent that is safe on plastic and glass surfaces. If you use the product on household surfaces, including exterior windows and plastic or vinyl outdoor furniture, make sure you test first in an inconspicuous area.
- The shelf life of Armor All® Car Wash is generally five years from date of manufacture.
- Armor All® Protectant is not designed for use on paint. Although the product will not harm your car’s paint finish, it may leave a dull or streaky appearance. For best results on paint, try using Armor All® Car Wash.
- Armor All® Protectants are ideal for vinyl, and can help to prevent discoloration and fading on these surfaces. However, these products are not recommended for canvas or other fabrics. For these surfaces, try Armor All® Multi-Purpose Auto Cleaner or Armor All® Cleaning Wipes for a quick and easy way to clean your car’s fabric surfaces.
- Yes. Armor All® Protectant products are specially designed to protect, clean and shine rubber surfaces. Using Armor All® Protectant regularly is an easy way to help protect your rubber surfaces from cracking, UV damage, fading or discoloration.
- Armor All® Auto Glass Cleaner has been specially formulated for use on factory installed and most aftermarket tinted windows.
- Armor All® Multi-Purpose Auto Cleaner is not designed for use on paint. Although the product will not harm your car’s paint finish, it may leave a dull or streaky appearance. For best results on paint, try using Armor All® Car Wash.
- Armor All® Wheel Cleaner can be used on most types of wheels, rims, covers and hubcaps. The product can be used on wheels with a clear coat, but before using on uncoated aluminum or motorcycle wheels, check with the manufacturer. We recommend that you test the product before use on an inconspicuous area. If hazing or spots appear, discontinue use. Do not use on wheels with damaged clear coat.
- Armor All® Extreme Wheel & Tire Cleaner is formulated for use on most types of wheels, rims, covers and hubcaps. The product can be used on wheels with gold spokes, but is not recommended for wheels with uncoated aluminum or chrome. We recommend that you test the product before use on an inconspicuous area. If hazing or spots appear, discontinue use.
- Armor All® Protectant products are ideal for protecting, shining and cleaning your car tires. Just spray onto surface, let penetrate and wipe off for a great shine and long-lasting protection. However, these products should not be used on cycle tires or tire tread due to slipperiness.
- Armor All® Extreme Wheel & Tire Cleaner and Armor All Quicksilver® Wheel & Tire Cleaner contain surfactants and builders. Armor All® Tire Foam® protectants and Extreme Tire Shine (aerosol) contain water-based silicone emulsions and propellant. Armor All® Extreme Tire Shine (spray and gel) contain water-based silicone emulsions.
- Depending on the product, after applying, you can expect Armor All® Tire products to take from approximately 10 to 15 minutes to thoroughly dry. Please check the package label for specific drying information.
- Armor All® Extreme Wheel & Tire Cleaner is specially formulated for use on your car’s wheel rims, covers and hubcaps. We do not recommend using this product on other vehicle parts, including your car’s engine or brakes.
- While some Armor All® products, such as Armor All® Cleaning Wipes, can be used on other household surfaces, we do not recommend using Armor All® Tire Foam® Protectant or Armor All® Extreme Tire Shine on fiberglass or patio furniture. These products are specially formulated for tires.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Help & Advice
Tricks of the Trade
- Exterior TipsKnowing how to clean your car wheels and wash your tires the right way can make a big difference to the overall look of your vehicle. Your tires pick up the most dirt while driving. Find out the right way clean your tires and wheels, including how to clean chrome wheels.
- Exterior TipsPlastic and rubber can be found all over a car’s exterior — the trim, molding, bumpers, even the brackets that hold wiper blades. We’ve got the tips you need on cleaning these items as well as how to clean black plastic trim on a car and washing a convertible’s canvas.
- Exterior TipsEven with vast improvement in the quality of automotive paint, you still need to protect your car’s thin clear coat finish from oxidation and environmental damage.