Headlight Restorer Wipes Kit
- Easy to use
- Powerful cleaning
- Quick Application
Most headlight lenses are made of polycarbonate-based materials which tend to oxidise over time, leading to reduced visibility. Hazy yellow headlights can be a safety risk and potentially lead to MOT failure. Current solutions to headlight cleaning are often complicated and require tools, time and effort. But with Armor All® Headlight Restorer Wipes Kit, all you need is 2 wipes and 10 minutes to help restore your headlights like new.
- No need for any sandpaper or tools
- One kit cleans two front headlights
- Only 2 easy steps required
- Step 1 – Clean Wipe – removes oxidation
- Step 2 – Protect Wipe – seals the headlight with UV protection coating
- View ProductExterior
- View ProductExterior
Speed Wax Spray
- View ProductExterior
Wash & Wax Speed Shine
STEP 1: Oxidation Removal Wipe
NOTE: Wipe will evaporate very quickly. Do not open wipe until you are ready to restore a headlight, and work very quickly while wiping. Active ingredients will evaporate within 3–5 minutes after opening pouch. Park car in a cool, shady location before treating.
- Ensure headlight is clean and dry.
- Open a “STEP 1 CLEAN” sachet and remove wipe. Keep wipe folded to reduce evaporation.
- Scrub headlight with firm, even pressure in a horizontal back-and-forth motion. You will notice the oxidation residue beginning to be removed.
- Turn the wipe to a clean side, keeping the wipe folded.
- Continue to wipe, turning wipe to clean section as needed until no residue is visible on wipe. Discard wipe.
NOTE: Though your headlight may appear clear additional deep cleaning could be necessary to ensure all oxidation is removed.
- Repeat 1–5 on the other headlight.
STEP 2: UV Sealant Protection Wipe
- Ensure that both headlights have been cleaned with the Oxidation Removal Wipe and that surface is dry before applying sealant. For best results, first wipe surface with a clean, lint-free towel.
- Open a “STEP 2 PROTECT” sachet and pull out wipe.
- Apply to the headlight surface by wiping in one direction, similar to applying a coat of paint. Repeat on second headlight. One wipe should coat two headlights.
- Let surface dry completely. Surface will be dry to touch in about 3 hrs. Do not touch surface and avoid contact with water until dry.
NOTE: Drying time after step 3 is dependent upon weather conditions. Drying may take longer in lower temperatures or higher humidity.
WHERE TO USE:
Armor All® Headlight Restorer Wipes Kit is suitable to use on polycarbonate headlights.
FOR BEST RESULTS:
Park car in a cool, shady location before treating. It is important to clean both headlights with the Step 1 Clean Wipes prior to opening the Step 2 Protect Wipe and treating the headlights.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can clean two headlights with one pack of wipes. The kit contains 2 Oxidation Removal Wipes, one for each headlight and 1 Sealant Protection Wipe to be used on both headlights. It is important to clean both headlights with Step 1 Clean Wipe prior to using Step 2 Protect Wipe.
No, you only need to ensure that the headlights are clean and dry.
You don’t need any tools. The only material needed is tape to cover the paint surfaces around the headlight.
It only takes approximately 10 minutes to complete the 2-step process. It is important to clean both headlights with the Step 1 Clean Wipe prior to protecting them with the Step 2 Protect Wipe. You must leave the Step 2 Protect Wipe treatment to dry and cure for a few hours (3 minimum).
No, we do not recommend using on any other plastics found in the vehicle. The wipes are formulated for automotive polycarbonate headlights. Other plastics such as rear lights are made of different materials such as acrylic and Poly(methyl methacrylate). We highly discourage using on coloured lights (eg: red, black, grey, blue, yellow, orange).
Yes, the wipes are safe to use without gloves. Armor All® Restorer Wipes will damage nail polish and gloves would be recommended to use. If there are lacerations on hands, it is recommended that you protect hands using gloves. Hand might feel dry after use, and it is highly recommended to wash them after using the wipes.
If the headlights on other methods of transportation are clear in nature and made of polycarbonate, Armor All® Headlight Restorer Wipes may be used. Test in an inconspicuous area prior to cleaning entire headlights to ensure compatibility.
Armor All® Headlight Restoration Step 2 Protect Wipe can be removed with off the counter rubbing alcohol (for example 70% Isopropyl alcohol).